Completely remodeling a kitchen or bathroom gives you the opportunity to create the space of your dreams. For some, this might mean a spacious kitchen island, or a luxurious bathtub seemingly fit for a spa. Unfortunately, many small, but impactful upgrades are often passed over as homeowners are focused on big-ticket items. But some of the seemingly simplest upgrades can make the biggest difference in a newly remodeled space, like soft-close doors and cabinets.
You might be wondering how soft-close doors and drawers could possibly compare to a tiled backsplash or quartz countertops. However, the benefits of this closing system are undeniable when compared to the banging and crashes found in kitchens and bathrooms outfitted with traditional cabinets and doors. The soft-close mechanism allows drawers and cabinets to close silently and smoothly every time. Slamming is avoided as the mechanism takes over even when a drawer is closed hard. Because of this, the feature is becoming increasingly popular.
Here are just a few of the reasons why homeowners love soft-close doors and drawers:
- No more slamming: This is one of the most obvious, yet important benefits of upgrading to soft-close drawers and cabinets. There’s no more listening to the sounds of slamming! Instead, they close gently and safely every single time, regardless of how much force is used.
- Safe: The soft-close mechanism makes this a perfect choice for homes with kids. Children can safely shut the drawers without pinching their fingers. Plus, it stops them from slamming the drawers shut.
- Improved durability: Repetitive slamming can actually shorten the life of your cabinets and drawers. The soft closure feature ensures both cabinets and drawers are always shut properly, reducing the amount of wear and tear the drawer sustains and the need for maintenance. Additionally, this feature will also cut down on the amount of stress put on the cabinet door hinges and the drawer rails. The soft-close addition could lengthen the life of your cabinets and drawers by years.
- Contents don’t move: Don’t expect the contents to stay still when a drawer is repeatedly slammed shut. The impact from one hard closure could cause fragile items inside of the drawer to accidentally break. However, the soft-close mechanism will protect your delicate items by keeping them in their secure place.
- Great selling point: These drawers and cabinets can be an attractive selling point if you are considering selling your home in the near future. This simple touch will make it clear to a potential buyer that the home was well taken care of.
Finish your remodel with soft-close doors and drawers
Soft-close cabinet doors and drawers are the perfect pairing for your beautiful new flooring in Flint, MI. They are an attractive way to add a touch of intelligent comfort to your kitchen. There’s no reason not to add soft-close cabinets and drawers if a bathroom or kitchen remodel is in the works. You will soon be wishing you had this small upgrade throughout every room of the house!
Call Glenn’s Tile and Carpet today to learn about soft-close cabinets and drawers, or to view our selection of laminate and hardwood flooring in Flint, MI. We’d love to provide you with a free consultation!
Categorised in: Hardwood Flooring