In some quarters, laminate flooring has an undeservedly poor reputation. Over the years, the flooring material has been notorious for looking low quality or artificial. But laminate doesn’t deserve all the negativity. In fact, laminate flooring offers an attractive low-cost alternative to many expensive flooring types. Plus, it is also incredibly low maintenance and easy to install. A homeowner can easily achieve the classic look of rich hardwood flooring at just a fraction of the price and without the hassle of upkeep. Let’s take a closer look at why laminate flooring in Flint, MI might be the perfect option for your home:
- Durable: Laminate can stand up to even the toughest use. Unlike wood flooring, laminate is resistant to scratches and scuffs. Each piece is protected by a tough external layer in addition to a resin coating that makes it suitable for high traffic areas and homes filled with children and pets.
- Easy to install: Laminate boards are designed with the goal of simple installation in mind. The installation process is a breeze because each board interlocks. Any existing flooring doesn’t have to be ripped out to install laminate, as the laminate can just be floated over whatever is already there. The entire installation can typically be completed in just a few hours, whereas installing tile or wood would take days or even weeks to accomplish.
- Cost efficient: The low price is what makes laminate a favorite of budget-conscious homeowners. Laminate flooring is significantly less expensive than traditional hardwood or other flooring types. Choose the quality level that best fits your budget.
- Low maintenance: Laminate flooring is the perfect solution to stains and spills. The surface of each board is both stain and moisture resistant so everything can just be wiped up. Maintenance is simple, too. Plan to sweep and mop the laminate to keep it looking clean—no special cleaning products required!
- Hypoallergenic: Carpets are a hotbed for allergens. Pet dander, dust and other debris become trapped within the fibers of the carpet, only to be released into the air sporadically. The constant presence of these allergens can be harmful to those with asthma or allergies. With laminate, there’s no place for the particles to become trapped. It’s also resistant to mold and mildew, as the underlayment provides a moisture barrier that keeps mold from forming and sporing.
- Unlimited styles: Laminate flooring can mirror a huge variety of popular wood, stone or tile finishes. Choose between a wide range of different colors, surface treatments, grains, thickness and plank styles to create the desired look for your home.
It’s clear that laminate flooring is a simple and cost-effective way to create the space of your dreams. Call Glenn’s Tile and Carpet today to learn more about our extensive selection of laminate flooring in Flint, MI at a variety of price points. Plus, our team of experts will happily install your selection. Call us today for a free consultation—we look forward to working with you!
Categorised in: Laminate Flooring