If you’re planning on having new flooring installed in your home, you might be anxious to hire a company to handle your flooring installation in Flint, MI, but it’s important to take some time to ensure that you’re hiring a contractor you can trust. There are a lot of companies out there that offer flooring installation services, but not every contractor will be able to deliver the level of service or quality that you’re looking for. Thankfully, there are a few simple questions that you can ask potential contractors to find out whether they are the right choice for your job:
- What’s your experience like? Experience is an important factor to consider when you’re hiring a contractor. Generally, contractors with more experience will be able to deliver higher quality work and better customer service. In order to stay in business for several years or more, a company must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to high quality work.
- Are you licensed and insured? While specific requirements vary from place to place, almost every flooring installer is required to hold a state license for their work. Ask about the licensure of the contractor you are considering, and find out about their other credentials. If the contractor isn’t licensed, move on. Working with an unlicensed contractor is a recipe for unsatisfactory work.
- Do you have a warranty or guarantee for your work? You never know what might happen during a flooring installation job or how the flooring product will perform, so it’s important to have some kind of a guarantee from your contractor to fall back on if necessary. Make sure that they use installation techniques that comply with the warranty on your flooring, and ask whether they offer a guarantee on their installation work.
- How long will the job take? Flooring installation can be a complicated and time-consuming task, so you should have realistic expectations in mind. Ask your contractor for a time estimate so that you can plan your schedule accordingly. You should also ask about what kind of prep work you should plan on doing to ensure that they can complete the job as efficiently and quickly as possible.
- Do you handle cleanup? Flooring installation can be messy, and you shouldn’t have to worry about dealing with this mess yourself. After you invest in flooring installation, you don’t want to deal with the hassle and cost of getting rid of debris. Find a company that offers cleanup service after flooring installation in Flint, MI. Ask about how they handle cleanup and waste disposal and find out what steps they take to ensure that your home is protected during installation work.
At Glenn’s Tile and Carpet, we are proud to offer high quality flooring installation in Flint, MI. Our family owned company has been in business since 1958, and we’ve always been focused on serving our community with the best work possible. Our team of certified installers can assist you with virtually any flooring options, from tile and vinyl to carpeting and hardwood. Get started with a free service estimate by giving us a call today.
Categorised in: Flooring Installation